Drug Possession Lawyer in Anchorage
Let Our Anchorage Drug Crimes Attorney Protect Your Rights
At Denali Law Group, we understand the need for quality representation for drug possession charges. While the severity of the penalties can differ in a variety of ways, sentences can include significant jail time and irreparable damage to your reputation. Alaska divides its controlled dangerous substances into six groups or “schedules” based on their potential for harm.
These groups are classified as the following:
- Schedule IA drugs (most dangerous) – includes opium derivatives
- Schedule IIA drugs – includes PCP and peyote
- Schedule IIIA drugs – includes hashish
- Schedule IVA drugs – includes barbiturates and diazepam
- Schedule VA drugs – includes codeine and anabolic steroids
- Schedule VIA drugs (least dangerous) – includes only marijuana
If you or a loved one is facing drug possession charges, it’s imperative to have an experienced Anchorage drug crime attorney by your side. With more than 75 years of combined experience, our firm is dedicated to seeking the defense you deserve.
Drug Possession Defenses in Alaska
Our committed legal team knows how to devise a proper drug possession defense which can challenge the evidence, testimony, and stated facts in your case. We conduct our own thorough investigation by analyzing what the police might have missed and overlooked, as well as pin-pointing weaknesses in the prosecution’s argument.
Other defense strategies include:
- Determining if there was unlawful search and seizure
- Crime lab analysis
- If there were missing drugs
- Uncovering if the drugs belong to someone else
- Finding out that the drugs were planted
- Medical marijuana omission
Call (907) 357-5297 for Your Initial Consultation
We know being convicted of drug possession can be frightening for both you and your loved ones. Our Anchorage drug crime defense team is comprised of former prosecutors who recognize how arguments against your type of case are formulated. Despite how stressful your situation may seem, we want you to know that we have your best interests in mind and will fight relentlessly on your behalf, should you choose to retain our Alaska criminal firm.
Set up an appointment with our Anchorage drug crimes attorneys at (907) 357-5297.