Anchorage Rape Defense Attorney
Fight for Your Future with Denali Law Group
Rape is a serious charge. Not only is it heavily prosecuted, but it also
can severely impact your personal life, your employment, and more. If
you are facing accusations of rape, you need to act quickly in order to
protect yourself and fight for your future.
Denali Law Group, our team shares
more than 75 years of experience. As former prosecutors, our Anchorage
sex crimes attorneys are able to effectively anticipate and counter the prosecution’s
strategies and fight for the best possible outcome on behalf of our clients.
Learn more about your case by calling our firm at (907) 276-1942 today.
Definition of Rape
Alaska has come under fire lately for high rape statistics and for “going
easy” on offenders. Unfortunately, this means that the pendulum
swing to correct this perception could land many individuals with penalties
that are disproportionate to the crime, if any crime was committed.
In Alaska, rape in the first degree is defined as the following:
- Engaging in non-consensual sexual penetration with another individual
- Attempting to engage in non-consensual sexual penetration and causing physical
injury to another
- Engaging in non-consensual sexual penetration with a mentally incapable
- Engaging in non-consensual sexual penetration with an individual in the
care of the offender at a state-licensed facility or program
- Engaging in sexual penetration with an individual who is unaware that the
act is being committed, when the offender is a health care worker or the
offense occurs during the victim’s professional treatment
Penalties for Rape
sexual assault, in the first degree is subject to severe penalties. Any previous convictions
will only make these penalties more severe.
For a first offense, the penalties could include the following:
- 25-35 years imprisonment (if the victim is younger than 13 years old)
- 20-30 years imprisonment (if the victim is 13 years old or older)
- 25-35 years imprisonment (if a dangerous instrument or firearm caused serious injury)
- Fines of up to $500,000
Protect Your Future with an Anchorage Sex Crimes Lawyer!
The charges you face will not simply disappear or lessen on their own.
Without a skilled defense team on your side, you could experience drastic
life changes and significant penalties. Whether you face felony charges
or misdemeanor charges, you can trust our firm to tailor a defense to
Contact our firm today to get started on your defense!